Saturday, July 23, 2011

20 mile bike ride

This morning I did my first 20 mile bike ride. I sure surprised myself that I could do it. Last weekend I did about 10 miles and I thought I could of gone farther so me and my boss Karen tried it out. We got onto the Legacy trail in NSL and headed out this morning about 8:30am. At first I was having issues..my water bottle kept falling on the ground, my bike shifts were acting up, my chain came off.
We started a great pace and played a game where every 1/2 a mile the person from behind would go to the front and set the pace. Well when we got to mile 10, I was starting to hurt. On the way back from mile 10 we started getting hot, onry, and plain tired. At mile 15-16 I really didn't think I was going to make it. The game wasn't so fun anymore and I kept thinking I just wanted a cold Dairy Queen blizzard haha. All in all, we had a great time and I am so glad we did it. It took us just under 2 hours to finish so we were very proud of ourselves.
Here is a picture of us half way done, mile 10 :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Well done! Bike riding is a blast!

Morgs said...

Way to go. You'll have to do it again and I'll come with you!

Harrop Family said...

Megan! This is SOOO awesome! I LOVE this post. You are so inspiring and motivating!