Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cancer Bites!!

Cancer this year has been very close to home, and what a great way to support what a horrible thing. My sweet grandpa has been diagnosed with cancer, and two home neighbors with breast cancer. Krista's office has put together a fundraiser the last couple years, and all procedes go to The Huntsman's Cancer Institute. The fundraiser was at Brewvies, and we watched two Halloween movies. They also had raffles going. Since I didn't bring any cash, Morgan bought me a couple raffle tickets and..I won! I won a free one hour massage, bowling, minature golfing, and a $135 value coupon at a car shop. Thanks Morg!! :) Don't worry, I gave her the bowling and golfing certificates. HAHA. We had a great time. My parents' close friends that moved out of our neighborhood over 10+ years ago showed up to support such a great cause.




My mom and her close friend Leslie, it was great to catch up and just laugh.

Love you grandpa and know you will pull through this trial in your life.

4 comments:

The Miller's said...

Looks like a good time! I'll have to try to go next year!

Andrea said...

I hope your Grandpa gets through the treatments Megan. What a great way to show your support!

Amylee said...

Cancer does bite!!!! What a cool fundraiser. That's sweet that you won stuff. I hope your Grandpa can get through it with pride and dignity. It's so tough. Good luck to your family, too. I loved your tea party post below. What a fun tradition!

Jay and Krista said...

Thanks for coming Megs!!