Saturday, September 10, 2011

End of Summer - Labor Day Weekend

I can not believe that summer is pretty much over..did it even start? I wanted to have a fun weekend of playing so we headed up to Midway Friday morning and we went to Swiss Days for the afternoon. I have not been in years and years so I was very excited. It has grown so big since that last time I have been. One smart idea that they thought of was a free parking and the buses come and pick you up and take you 1/2 mile down the road to Swiss Days. It was so much smoother getting in and out without all the crazy traffic. We had a great time walking up and down looking at all the boutiques. I wish I had a million dollars because I really think I could of spent it all. I was very proud of myself, I bought TWO things!


On the bus heading to Swiss Days.

Billy was excited for the Swiss food, Billy eating his Nachtwurst as we listen to music.
After being there for awhile we were ready to head out before it started to crazy busy. I had booked us a hotel in Park City so we checked in our hotel and just relaxed, it was nice. I was trying to finish the book The Help so I read for about 2 1/2 hours straight. I never have time to ready so I was in heaven. Later that night we went to my favorite restaurant Baja Cantina and came back and went hot tubbing at the hotel. It was a much needed mini get-away from life together.
On Saturday when we got back from PC, it was time for me to get ready for the concert with my two best friends. I tried to find my old weezer pants from high school but I have a feeling my mom threw them away a long time ago haha.

During my Junior High/High School days I was obsessed with Blink 182 so when I heard they were coming, I wanted to go. I have not heard there music in YEARS but I thought it would be fun. I have seen them over 3 times in concert so I was pumped to see them again. My Chemical Romance was also with them so that made it even better!




On the lawn waiting for RANCID to get off stage. They opened for them, and I don't like there music at all.

Tami loves My Chemical Romance, they rocked it!



Waiting for My Chemical Romance to come on stage.


I was brought back to my good ol' days, except this time I was on the lawn, not on the floor in the mosh pits.

After sitting in the USANA parking lot for over 30 minutes trying to get out, we finally made it to a road. I didn't have my GPS on because I thought I knew where I was going..I was mistaken. I thought I was heading north but when I came to this..I knew we were heading WEST!

We were laughing so hard I had to pull over because we were pretty much crying of laughter. Only us would we get lost heading to Wendover haha! Good times :) We finally found out way back onto I-215 and to Bountiful for yummy food at 1:00am at Village Inn. I love being with those girls, we always make fun memories.
Sunday afternoon Billy and I went on a beautiful hike, I didn't realize how hot it was so we didn't go too far.

Sunday evening we went over to my parents and had the last BBQ of the summer. My dad made his famous homemade hamburgers, yum!
Monday we headed to the theatre and saw The Help since I had finished the book 2 days prior. I should of brought a box of tissues, I loved it. I am ready to see it again. :) We went to Brick Oven for lunch then headed over to my grandparents for FHE and did yard work for them and sat in there backyard and relaxed and talked for hours. I just love them.
Look's like Fall is just around the corner!!

No comments: