Sunday, September 11, 2011

Raspberry Jam - Canning

Yesterday I canned my first raspberry jam EVER. I picked them at my grandparents with my sisters and we divided them up and I had about 2 cups worth of raspberries so I headed onto Pinterest and found a recipe called "Raspberry Jam - SUPER EASY". That is my kind of jam :). Here is the recipe;
Raspberry Jam

Ingredients:
4 cups mashed raspberries
4 cups sugar
Because Raspberries have natural pectin you don't have to use any!

Directions

1. Use a very large pot. When the jam reaches a full rolling boil it will double in volume.
2. Heat mashed berries until they reach a full rolling boil.
3. Boil 5 minutes.
4. Add sugar.
5. Stir well.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Beat with rotary beater for 4 minutes ( I didn't do this part)
9. Pour in sterilized jars and seal.
let set at room temperature and there you have it! RASPBERRY JAM!

I only had two cups worth of raspberries and it only made 2 jars HAHA, oh well :)I'll pick more this week. Hope it tastes good!

No comments: